History of the department
The Department of Building Structures was established in 1989, at the same time as the Faculty of Civil Engineering. The Department was headed by Academician of the Engineering Academy of Ukraine and the Academy of Civil Engineering of Ukraine, Sc.D., Prof. Fomytsia Leonid Mykolaiovych (March 19, 1935 – June 21, 2012).
Tsyhanenko Liudmyla Anatoliivna was the Acting Head of the Department of Building Structures between the years 2012 and 2014.
Dushyn Vladyslav Viktorovych has been the Head of the Department of Building Structures since 2014.
The department is one of the leading graduating units of the Civil Engineering Faculty, training students in the design and structural direction which is considered one of the most challenging directions of the construction industry. It focuses on complex issues related to the knowledge of all types of building structures, their reliability assurance, accident-free operation, efficiency and durability.